Thursday, June 16, 2005

arriving home

a little girl looks up into the ashes of her dreams
a short breath and a whisper
she smiles
memories of her past flash before her eyes
as a tear makes it's way down her cheek
"thank You," she says.
yes, the trials have been hard, but worth it.
"bless me," she says, as she continues to live in His Will.
my heart is open to You
my dreams are Yours
let me hear You
let Your Will be known
A young lady looks up into the sea of uncertainty
she laughs
she has passed into adulthood, even before her time
she understands, circumstances did not favor her
but "life is not about you," He told her
"it's about serving Me.
don't be afraid," He told her, "My grace is sufficient."
a woman looks up into understanding eyes
"thank You for holding me, when my future was dark.
thank You for understanding when fear was my only companion.
thank You for loving me when i was unlovable.
thank You for holding me on those cold and lonely nights
when the tears i cried were unheard
and the shame i felt was unbearable
thank You for letting me go, when i needed space
thank You for taking me back, when i realized my mistake.
maturity has crossed her face
her children gather round.
her features have been weathered, but adored
she lovingly picks up her children
one by one
she tells them how special they are
that they are loved
they are protected
they will not be abandoned
even if they choose one day to walk away
her wisdom is deep
her smile beams, she is able to love,
because He has loved and loves her
an old woman looks up into the eyes of her Father
as He welcomes her home
"I know it's been a long, hard journey
you have given all that you have.
I have loved you even before the womb," He tells her
He looks into Her loving eyes, the youthful sparkle still alive
"I love you," He whispers so that only she can hear
she smiles
she trusts
she loves
she has arrived home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home