Friday, August 04, 2006

make of it what you will

the depths of my soul is envious of eternity.
Crawling past lies and death
past nature and supernatural cravings
the light that there was at the end of the tunnel is dimming
and all I see is my hand right in front of my face.
surety that even life is still within me is uncertain
as flies make their way along the definition of my body

hoping and praying that it's all a dream
unravels as reality hits and realization comes that life is still here
you are still breathing but you are not alive
life is unreal
life is nonexistent except in a linear capacity.
only God exists at this moment in time

mortality rings true and good is defeated
swords and slayers run rampant
cruising the path of defeat and denial
time is eroding and steps taken are lost
memories are burned at the stake
like innocence lost without hope of retrieval

someone has lost it all
had it been me I might have died
should I not return again
call me from afar and in the midst I may hear you
from the fog of my mind in the confines of my soul
I will call out and you will hear me and rescue me
from the life that has no end

in the blackness of this world there is peace and forgiveness
in the darkness that binds me, there is mercy and grace
in the mistakes of the past, present and future, there is hope
in the wonders of your love, there is life
you will find me at Your feet alone, alive and...
smiling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home