Saturday, November 26, 2005

laying it all down

I hide behind this mirror
of smiles and of grace
I laugh and cry like you do
I often do it more so than the rest
I'll dance around and sing this song
and tell you I'm alright
but secretly inside my soul
my heart has cracked in two
do you want to hold me while i cry?
you know I need you to
to dry these tears to the last drop
and tell me that I'm yours
do you want to kiss me
with tears running down my face?
with burdens heavy on my heart
and a pain deep down inside
i'm trying to let go, I am
but it seems so hard to do
the only way i can let go
is if I attach myself to you
but will your arms be open wide
to let me fall right into them?
whenever I want
whenever I please
a place deep within your heart
is there a seat saved for me
with letterings of gold
with crowns filled with rubies
and treasures untold
this is all a dream to me
i want to let go, i want to leave it all behind
but it's difficult, they say
when you haven't cut the strings
my heart's still there
hanging by a thread
I'll leave soon, just let me pray
for someone to take their place
I'll need him. I'll love him
and he'll be yours too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home