Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Do you ever feel like you're lying,
when you stare at me that way?
When I'm smiling on the outside
and crying deep inside?
Do you ever feel alone,
when there's no one else around?
Or full of delight.
when the room is full of laughter?
I'm here and I'm awake, but sleeping.
My soul has yet to show
the hunger I've been feeding it,
to the one I know I'll know.
Save me, Lord Jesus,
from the depths that is my soul.
Save me, Lord Jesus,
from the lies that I've been told.
Hold me tight and cuddle me close,
I need the warmth of another.
Keep me inside Your loving arms for
I want no one else but You.
I can skate for You, Lord Jesus,
my Savior and my Love,
I can dance for You, Lord Jesus,
til I have no more left to give.
I can sing to You Lord Jesus,
til my lungs can bear no more.
I can cry to You, Lord Jesus,
and unfinished I will be,
Til the day when you have painted
and finished Your masterpiece.
The masterpiece that is my heart,
for still it's missing a few.
But I know that You will find it,
when I'm ready to impart.
I know that You will heal it,
when I'm ready to let go,
of the pain that has been stabbing me
and the loss that I've endured.
What is it, Lord Jesus, this feeling deep inside?
It doesn't fill my surface, but fills my inner self.
This feeling of " ", that only You can describe.
I love You, Lord Jesus.
I'm ready to let go.
I give it all back to You, until You say, "It's time to go."
Take my hand and gently, You will lead me back again.
Down the road I've traveled and left it far behind.
Kindly You speak and slowly I gaze into Your loving eyes.
"Goodbye" I say, "I love You."
I'll be back again real soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home